using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

devnewb
Hi Guys.

My brand new project uses 0.3.1, and I want to use Scalate, but I see in project.scala that Scalate is 2.8.0 and not published.  Can you tell me how I can use Scalate ?

Thanks for your help.

Re: using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

chris_lewis
Hi,

AFAIK, scalate itself requires scala 2.8, so you'll need to upgrade your project to 2.8.

-chris

On 1/27/11 9:25 AM, devnewb [via Databinder] wrote:
Hi Guys.

My brand new project uses 0.3.1, and I want to use Scalate, but I see in project.scala that Scalate is 2.8.0 and not published.  Can you tell me how I can use Scalate ?

Thanks for your help.

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/using-Scalate-in-a-project-using-unfiltered-0-3-1-tp5966479p5966479.html
To start a new topic under Unfiltered, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Unfiltered, click here.

Re: using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

devnewb
Hi.

Yeah I am using 2.8.1, I was having trouble figuring out how to pull Scalate into the sbt config for my project.

Thanks.

Re: using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

Dustin Whitney
It looks like they've upgraded Scalate to 2.8.1 now:

https://github.com/scalate/scalate/blob/scalate-project-1.3.2/project/build.properties

devnewb, if I were you, I'd downgrade your app to 2.8.0, and sit tight until this weekend when one of us has time to upgrade Unfiltered Scalate.

Dustin

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/using-Scalate-in-a-project-using-unfiltered-0-3-1-tp5966479p5966934.html
To start a new topic under Unfiltered, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Unfiltered, click here.

Re: using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

chris_lewis
Ah. Well that'd be a sbt question - you'll want to glance here: http://code.google.com/p/simple-build-tool/wiki/LibraryManagement#Basic_Dependencies

The short answer is, add this to your project definition:

val uf_scalate = "net.databinder" %% "unfiltered-scalate" % "0.3.1"

-chris

On 1/27/11 11:39 AM, devnewb [via Databinder] wrote:
Hi.

Yeah I am using 2.8.1, I was having trouble figuring out how to pull Scalate into the sbt config for my project.

Thanks.

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/using-Scalate-in-a-project-using-unfiltered-0-3-1-tp5966479p5966934.html
To start a new topic under Unfiltered, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Unfiltered, click here.

Re: using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

Dustin Whitney
I don't think the Unfiltered Scalate project is published anywhere for Scala 2.8.1.  At one point we setup Unfiltered Scalate to build in 2.8.0 only because Scalate was the only thing that required Scala 2.8, and everything else could build under 2.7, and I think we need to explicitly add 2.8.1 for Scalate as well.  Check this out:

https://github.com/n8han/Unfiltered/blob/master/project/build/project.scala#L59

Dustin

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:48 AM, chris_lewis [via Databinder] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ah. Well that'd be a sbt question - you'll want to glance here: http://code.google.com/p/simple-build-tool/wiki/LibraryManagement#Basic_Dependencies

The short answer is, add this to your project definition:

val uf_scalate = "net.databinder" %% "unfiltered-scalate" % "0.3.1"

-chris

On 1/27/11 11:39 AM, devnewb [via Databinder] wrote:
Hi.

Yeah I am using 2.8.1, I was having trouble figuring out how to pull Scalate into the sbt config for my project.

Thanks.

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/using-Scalate-in-a-project-using-unfiltered-0-3-1-tp5966479p5966934.html
To start a new topic under Unfiltered, email [hidden email]
here.

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/using-Scalate-in-a-project-using-unfiltered-0-3-1-tp5966479p5968356.html

On 01/27/2011 08:00 PM, Dustin Whitney [via Databinder] wrote:
I don't think the Unfiltered Scalate project is published anywhere for Scala 2.8.1.

That's right. We could have relied on the expected binary compatibility of Scala 2.8.0<->2.8.1 to publish an artifact with the old Scalate, but I didn't get around to hacking the build for it. You could similarly try to use the unfiltered-scalate_2.8.0 module with scala 2.8.1, but it's a lot easier to just use 2.8.0 for the time being unless there is something specific you need from 2.8.1.

Nathan

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/using-Scalate-in-a-project-using-unfiltered-0-3-1-tp5966479p5968382.html

I just changed the project definition to make Scalate work with 2.8.1, and while I was at it, I upgraded to Scalate 1.3.2.  All tests are passing, here's the commit https://github.com/n8han/Unfiltered/commit/18277dd598b1aa4463782bd97b685eb9b84d78b6

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/using-Scalate-in-a-project-using-unfiltered-0-3-1-tp5966479p5968408.html
To start a new topic under Unfiltered, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Unfiltered, click here.

Re: using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

chris_lewis
sweet

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/using-Scalate-in-a-project-using-unfiltered-0-3-1-tp5966479p5968442.html

Thats great turnaround time, thanks Dustin!

Re: using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

devnewb
sbt package fails after I git pull (actually it did before also).

Also when using 2.8.0 I get:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.tools.nsc.settings.ScalaSettings

when running the project in jetty (servlet container not through sbt), this is in conjunction with using a custom TemplateEngine.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Re: using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

Dustin Whitney
I don't know about why sbt package fails (works for me).  Try sbt publish-local?

As for the exception, that's some strange class loading issue.  The best way to get around it is to explicitly load the class before your server starts up.  I add this bit of code before starting my server.

import scala.tools.nsc._
new Global(new Settings)

when you do that the class becomes available to the Scalate classloader.  We should probably do this for the user.

Dustin

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/using-Scalate-in-a-project-using-unfiltered-0-3-1-tp5966479p5970084.html
To start a new topic under Unfiltered, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Unfiltered, click here.

Re: using Scalate in a project using unfiltered 0.3.1

devnewb
thanks for your help Dustin, I will try it