how to control logging output

getagrip
Hi,

I have removed all console-appenders from my Log4j configuration but I still get hundreds of lines with the following output every minute:

INF: [console logger] dispatch: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any way to make Dispatch aware of Logging? I do not want to deal with ever growing log-files as I cannot rotate files not controlled by Log4J.

Re: how to control logging output

On 11/30/2010 12:29 PM, getagrip [via Databinder] wrote:
> I have removed all console-appenders from my Log4j configuration but I
> still get hundreds of lines with the following output every minute:
>
> INF: [console logger] dispatch: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Any way to make Dispatch aware of Logging? I do not want to deal with
> ever growing log-files as I cannot rotate files not controlled by Log4J.

The surest thing is to override make_logger[1] in your Http instance and
provide a no-op implementation for the info method. The default
implementation tries to classload Configgy and uses that if present.
Configgy has some interop with log4j I believe. But if you just don't
want info logging, which is the only kind that Dispatch itself does
(HTTP client does its own logging), then you may as well disable it
entirely.

[1]:
http://sourced.implicit.ly/net.databinder/dispatch-http/0.7.7/dispatch/Http.scala.html#17327

Nathan