Quantcast

Unfiltered Scalatest 2.9.0-1_0.3.4 missing in repos?

Unfiltered Scalatest 2.9.0-1_0.3.4 missing in repos?

Rob Amos
Hi,
I'm starting to explore Unfiltered after Dustin Whitney gave it a showing at Scala Exchange in London.  It's great so far - I love how easy it is to set up request handlers and so on with just a few lines of code, and the way I can set up tests using dispatch.  I'm just wondering though, is there a reason why the 0.3.4 version of the Scalatest module is missing from the 2.9.0-1 cross-compilation in the public repositories?
e.g. http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases/net/databinder/unfiltered-scalatest_2.9.0-1/

Rob.

Re: Unfiltered Scalatest 2.9.0-1_0.3.4 missing in repos?

Dustin Whitney
*cough* that's Dustin Whitney, not Whitman ;)

I had a heart to heart with Bill Venners over his unwillingness to post new releases for binary compatible builds. Basically Bill Venners, author of Scala Test isn't willing to post a build of Scala Test for 2.9.0-1 since his build for 2.9.0 is binary compatible with it, so that's my guess as to why the unfiltered-scalatest isn't available (though I don't really know for sure). If I were you, I'd use unfiltered-specs instead.

Dustin

On , "Rob Amos [via Databinder]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm starting to explore Unfiltered after Dustin Whitman gave it a showing at Scala Exchange in London.  It's great so far - I love how easy it is to set up request handlers and so on with just a few lines of code, and the way I can set up tests using dispatch.  I'm just wondering though, is there a reason why the 0.3.4 version of the Scalatest module is missing from the 2.9.0-1 cross-compilation in the public repositories?
>
> e.g. http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases/net/databinder/unfiltered-scalatest_2.9.0-1/
>
> Rob.

> http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/Unfiltered-Scalatest-2-9-0-1-0-3-4-missing-in-repos-tp6559420p6559420.html
>

> To start a new topic under Unfiltered, email [hidden email]
>
> To unsubscribe from Unfiltered, click here.

Re: Unfiltered Scalatest 2.9.0-1_0.3.4 missing in repos?

Rob Amos
Hey, thanks for replying, and sorry about the typo - I noticed just after I posted and corrected it, but I guess Nabble's notifications by email "sacrifice consistency for availability"... ;-)

We're already using ScalaTest elsewhere on a project that I'm working on, so I'm keen to stick with it if possible for consistency; if your guess is right then I'm thinking this will all disappear when we have a new Scala point release, so until then, I'll just find a workaround.

Rob.

Re: Unfiltered Scalatest 2.9.0-1_0.3.4 missing in repos?

I'm not sure why it wasn't published with everything else, but I just now did publish it.

http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases/net/databinder/unfiltered-scalatest_2.9.0-1/

Sorry for the trouble!

Nathan

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/Unfiltered-Scalatest-2-9-0-1-0-3-4-missing-in-repos-tp6559420p6561951.html