Status of net.databinder.models.hib.CriteriaSorter

Status of net.databinder.models.hib.CriteriaSorter

Daniel Toffetti
Hi all,

    In CriteriaSorter I read this:

 * @author Mark Southern (mrsouthern)
 * @deprecated Use a subclass or OrderedCriteriaBuilder instead. It avoids problems with duplicate Aliases.
 */
@Deprecated
public class CriteriaSorter implements ISortStateLocator, CriteriaBuilder, Serializable {

    Now, I'm working on some minor fixes for Wicket Web Beans Databinder support, and found this in the class com.googlecode.wicketwebbeans.databinder.DataSorter:

 * @author Mark Southern (mrsouthern)
 * @deprecated use net.databinder.models.hib.CriteriaSorter instead. Class to be removed at a later date
 */
@Deprecated
public class DataSorter implements ISortStateLocator, OrderingCriteriaBuilder, Serializable {

    So both deprecations are contradictory.
    The problem is that net.databinder.models.hib.HibernateProvider's constructors accept either two CriteriaBuilder (filter and sort) or one OrderingCriteriaBuilder. I'm not sure how to provide filtering and sorting at the same time in the most elegant and proper way.
    Can someone please provide some light on what are those "problems with duplicate Aliases" that are caused by CriteriaSorter ?  What would be the best approach to solve those two clashing deprecations ?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Re: Status of net.databinder.models.hib.CriteriaSorter

Daniel Toffetti