Logging?

Dustin Whitney
Do you guys know how I set the logging level for unfiltered?  Debug is starting to drive me crazy - not to mention I won't want it in production.

Re: Logging?

  On 10/11/10 11:23 AM, Dustin Whitney [via Databinder] wrote:
> Do you guys know how I set the logging level for unfiltered?  Debug is
> starting to drive me crazy - not to mention I won't want it in
> production.

Jetty will pick up an slf4j configuration if you have one. You could use
this:
http://bmc.github.com/avsl/

Re: Logging?

soft_props
I don't think unfiltered itself doesn't any logging configuration so you might have a system property set somewhere that its triggering a dependent library that uses a facade for java standard logging.

I was going to proposed a Logging module with an interface for logging. I didn't something like this for my project at work and backed it with configgy ( http://gist.github.com/620723 ). I don't know if we want to depend on that though. I think I had to pull that from some odd repo just to get a version that was compiled for 2.8.

What do you think Nathan? I think you did something similar with the console logger in dispatch. Theres also http://www.scala-lang.org/api/current/scala/util/logging/Logged.html

Re: Logging?

soft_props
or that :)

Re: Logging?

  On 10/11/10 11:40 AM, soft_props [via Databinder] wrote:
> or that :)

Yeah I'm not sure that Unfiltered itself needs to log anything; maybe in
some of the more complex modules. Until there is some compelling case we
can leave it to the underlying libraries, but it wouldn't hurt to create
a logged application template since people will need to control jetty
logging if they're using it.

Re: Logging?

soft_props
I'll look into a g8 template for that tonight. There are a few other templates I've been meaning to add since we first added the example one.

Re: Logging?

soft_props
adding avsl logging to example g8 template @ http://github.com/softprops/unfiltered.g8

Re: Logging?

Dustin Whitney
Many thanks!

Dustin

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:24 AM, soft_props [via Databinder] <[hidden email]> wrote:
adding avsl logging to example g8 template @ http://github.com/softprops/unfiltered.g8

View message @ http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/Logging-tp5623476p5625428.html
To start a new topic under Unfiltered, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Unfiltered, click here.