Install Databinder via Maven

mkouba
I am wondering why I can't install the latest Databinder release via Maven.
The latest version available is 1.1.1.
Even in the mentioned snapshot repository the latest available version is 1.1.3.

How come? Is maven no longer the recommended installation procedure as mentioned on the webpage?

Could someone please shed some light on this topic?

Re: Install Databinder via Maven

Yes, at one point Databinder artifacts became ineligible for the central Maven repository because they depended on an ActiveObjects artifact from dev.java.net. You can find the latest artifacts here:
http://databinder.net/repo/net/databinder/databinder-app-hib/

(Root is http://databinder.net/repo/)

Re: Install Databinder via Maven

mkouba
Thanks for the fast reply

I have added "http://databinder.net/repo" to my settings.xml

Now maven complains that it can't find the index file

Unable to update index for databinder|http://databinder.net/repo: Resource nexus-maven-repository-index.properties does not exist

I would love to install via my pom.xml. What am I missing?

Re: Install Databinder via Maven

It shouldn't require a Nexus index. Try adding this to your project pom.xml instead of the (global?) settings.xml:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>databinder</id>
      <name>Databinder repository</name>
      <url>http://databinder.net/repo/</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories >

Re: Install Databinder via Maven

mkouba
I have tried that as well. I am using Eclipse and when I place the repository to my pom.xml still I am getting the message that it can't find the artifact.

Missing artifact net.databinder:databinder:jar:1.2.1:compile

I have also tried to use

    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>databinder</id>
            <name>Databinder repository</name>
            <url>http://databinder.net/repo/net/databinder/databinder-app-hib</url>
        </repository>
    </repositories>

With no avail

Am 24.01.2010 23:39, schrieb n8han [via Databinder]:
It shouldn't require a Nexus index. Try adding this to your project pom.xml instead of the (global?) settings.xml:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>databinder</id>
      <name>Databinder repository</name>
      <url>http://databinder.net/repo/</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories >

Nathan

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Install-Databinder-via-Maven-tp4450836p4451007.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Install Databinder via Maven, click here.

Re: Install Databinder via Maven

mkouba
Seems it has to do with the way the Maven integration in Eclipse handles remote repositories.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Project+FAQ

Miscellaneous - How Search Works
  • indexes for remote Maven repositories, such as Central repository, can be downloaded from remote repositories if they publish index created using Nexus Indexer tool or if repository is managed by Nexus repository manager
  • indexes for remote Maven repositories can be also packaged as Eclipse plugin and installed using Eclipse Update manager.

Do you think it's possible to have a nexus index for the repository
I believe it would make databinder much more accessible

I am going to try to download it directly but it is a bit of a hassle I would have loved to avoid

Am 24.01.2010 23:39, schrieb n8han [via Databinder]:
It shouldn't require a Nexus index. Try adding this to your project pom.xml instead of the (global?) settings.xml:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>databinder</id>
      <name>Databinder repository</name>
      <url>http://databinder.net/repo/</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories >

Nathan

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Install-Databinder-via-Maven-tp4450836p4451007.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Install Databinder via Maven, click here.

Re: Install Databinder via Maven

I think I would need to install Nexus for that to work. Since the activeobjects module has been dropped it's probably easier to move back to central. I'll look into that.

Re: Install Databinder via Maven

mkouba
I found a quick guide to make a nexus index

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Nexus+Indexer

though it would need me to download all files from the repository to create the index

Am 24.01.2010 23:39, schrieb n8han [via Databinder]:
It shouldn't require a Nexus index. Try adding this to your project pom.xml instead of the (global?) settings.xml:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>databinder</id>
      <name>Databinder repository</name>
      <url>http://databinder.net/repo/</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories >

Nathan

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Install-Databinder-via-Maven-tp4450836p4451007.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Install Databinder via Maven, click here.

Re: Install Databinder via Maven

mkouba
Ok, great now it works

I was using

        <dependency>
            <groupId>net.databinder</groupId>
            <artifactId>databinder</artifactId>
            <version>1.3.0</version>
        </dependency>

instead of

        <dependency>
            <groupId>net.databinder</groupId>
            <artifactId>databinder-app</artifactId>
            <version>1.3.0</version>
        </dependency>

of course a nexus index would have pointed me to that much faster :-)

still, thanx for everything

Am 24.01.2010 23:39, schrieb n8han [via Databinder]:
It shouldn't require a Nexus index. Try adding this to your project pom.xml instead of the (global?) settings.xml:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>databinder</id>
      <name>Databinder repository</name>
      <url>http://databinder.net/repo/</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories >

Nathan

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Install-Databinder-via-Maven-tp4450836p4451007.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Install Databinder via Maven, click here.

Re: Install Databinder via Maven

No problem, glad you worked it out!

Re: Install Databinder via Maven

mkouba