Dispatch-lift-json_2.8.1 requires 2.8.0 component

Dispatch-lift-json_2.8.1 requires 2.8.0 component

Rusho
Hi, I upgraded my project to use Scala 2.8.1 and since then, when building with maven it started to complain, that I have Scala version mismatch, that some of my dependencies require 2.8.1 and some require 2.8.0.

I investigated, and found out, that although I use dispatch-lift-json_2.8.1 (version 0.7.8), it has a dependency on lift-json_2.8.0 version 2.2M1.

The application builds with warnings, but doesn't work as expected, before move to Scala 2.8.1 it worked well. I'm wondering if this could be the case.

Re: Dispatch-lift-json_2.8.1 requires 2.8.0 component

On 03/16/2011 08:12 AM, Rusho [via Databinder] wrote:
I investigated, and found out, that although I use dispatch-lift-json_2.8.1 (version 0.7.8), it has a dependency on lift-json_2.8.0 version 2.2M1.

At the time of that release there was not a release of lift-json that had been compiled against 2.8.1. Since 2.8.0 and 2.8.1 are supposed to be binary compatible, dispatch-lift-json_2.8.1 should be able to use a lift-json_2.8.0 library.

The application builds with warnings, but doesn't work as expected, before move to Scala 2.8.1 it worked well. I'm wondering if this could be the case.

I don't know... depends on how exactly it's failing. But you can rule out the 2.8.1/0 issue in a few ways.

Build and publish Dispatch locally. The master branch depends on a 2.8.1 lift-json now.

Or, force maven to resolve to the lift-json you want it to use. Depend on dispatch-http in the normal way, but depend on dispatch-lift-json intransitively, then specify the lift-json artifact you want.

good luck,

http://databinder.3617998.n2.nabble.com/Dispatch-lift-json-2-8-1-requires-2-8-0-component-tp6176277p6176277.html
To start a new topic under Databinder, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Databinder, click here.