Apparent problem with dispatch-http_2.7.7-0.7.0 POM file

Apparent problem with dispatch-http_2.7.7-0.7.0 POM file

Dridus
Hi,

As part of another issue I'm resolving in lift-couchdb (a CouchDB integration that ties Lift JSON and Lift Record together with Dispatch to integrate to CouchDB) a colleague in the Lift group suggested I upgrade from Dispatch 0.6.3 to 0.7.0. However, when I did so Maven complained that the POM for dispatch-http_2.7.7-0.7.0 was invalid:

[WARNING] POM for 'net.databinder:dispatch-http_2.7.7:pom:0.7.0:compile' is invalid.

Its dependencies (if any) will NOT be available to the current build.
[DEBUG] Reason: Parse error reading POM. Reason: Duplicated tag: 'name' (position: START_TAG seen ...</id>\n        <name>... @41:15)  for project net.databinder:dispatch-http_2.7.7 at /Users/rmm/.m2/repository/net/databinder/dispatch-http_2.7.7/0.7.0/dispatch-http_2.7.7-0.7.0.pom

That same colleague (Indrajit) commented:

Indrajit Raychaudhuri 5 minutes ago (February 16th, 2010, 7:57 a.m.)
Huh, the POMs are malformed! All the <repository/> elements should be nested under <repositories/>.

So, if it is truly malformed can it be fixed, please? If it's not malformed, does someone have an idea what the heck I'm doing wrong?

-Ross

Re: Apparent problem with dispatch-http_2.7.7-0.7.0 POM file

Hm. Well it's ivy generating that POM, invoked by sbt. My recollection also is that repository elements should be nested in a repositories tag, although that may have changed? The message is a little weird, picking on the "name" tags and not repository or id. I'll do some digging, may well be a bug in ivy or the way it's configured.

If you just needed to exclude the transitive dependency on lift-json that would not be hard:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-optional-and-excludes-dependencies.html

Re: Apparent problem with dispatch-http_2.7.7-0.7.0 POM file

Dridus
Oh the issue that I was fixing was easy enough -- I wrote equivalent behavior to the send side of dispatch-liftjson. It seemed easier than masking the dependency.

To be completely clear, I just found this POM issue while fixing that issue about the transitive dep. The issue about the transitive dep is totally resolved. I'd like to upgrade to 0.7.0 for better Scala 2.8 compatability.

-Ross

On Feb 16, 2010, at 11:21 AM, n8han [via Databinder] wrote:

Hm. Well it's ivy generating that POM, invoked by sbt. My recollection also is that repository elements should be nested in a repositories tag, although that may have changed? The message is a little weird, picking on the "name" tags and not repository or id. I'll do some digging, may well be a bug in ivy or the way it's configured.

If you just needed to exclude the transitive dependency on lift-json that would not be hard:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-optional-and-excludes-dependencies.html

Nathan

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Apparent-problem-with-dispatch-http-2-7-7-0-7-0-POM-file-tp4581073p4581158.html
To start a new topic under Dispatch, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Dispatch, click here.

Re: Apparent problem with dispatch-http_2.7.7-0.7.0 POM file

Okay. It isn't possible to update a POM on scala-tools as far as I know, so it looks like we'll need a 0.7.1 rev pretty quickly!

What's the Scala 2.8 fix you're after tho? There isn't much that changed in that respect, except I dropped all Beta1-RCs from the build which allowed me to drop the "HttpCrutch" class. There is an 0.6.6 artifact compiled against 2.8.0.Beta1:

http://databinder.net/repo/net/databinder/dispatch-lift-json_2.8.0.Beta1/0.6.6/

(There is a boring story about why that release is on databinder.net and the current is on scala-tools. If needed, I can check out the 0.6.6 tag and re-pub it to scala-tools.)

Re: Apparent problem with dispatch-http_2.7.7-0.7.0 POM file

Dridus
If you have nexus access, I think you can force overwrite an existing artifact on there, but it may not be a good idea.

I think it's a combination of nice-to-be-up-to-date and that the Scala 2.8.0.Beta1 artifacts for 0.6.3/0.6.6 don't appear to be on the scala-tools repo. So, to directly answer your question I'm not after any particular fix.

For the moment, I'm just going to leave it at 0.6.3 until 0.7.1 is ready and just jump directly to that, unless you think there's a compelling reason to do otherwise in light of my not having a particular bug to upgrade because of.

-Ross

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Apparent-problem-with-dispatch-http-2-7-7-0-7-0-POM-file-tp4581073p4581355.html
To start a new topic under Dispatch, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Dispatch, click here.

Re: Apparent problem with dispatch-http_2.7.7-0.7.0 POM file

Sounds like the least confusing option. :) We'll have it straightened out within a few days.

Re: Apparent problem with dispatch-http_2.7.7-0.7.0 POM file

Dridus
Awesome! Thanks much.

-Ross

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Apparent-problem-with-dispatch-http-2-7-7-0-7-0-POM-file-tp4581073p4581415.html